Followers

Home

Friday, 29 January 2016

Q is for ....

Morning All

Not very nice outside today, strong winds and rain here. 

Enjoyed yesterday doing a bit of watercolour painting and 
made this for the next challenge with


I am keeping with my idea of using Tags 





I found a free digi black and white  Clip Art picture of a Quail which I downloaded 
and used my watercolour pens to colour in. 


Used Color Burst paints to make the background having 
"masked" off the bird


Then added grass

Die cut letter Q and the definition mounted onto the 
same colour card stock as the letter Q.

Finally added raffia 


Bingo  Q is for Quail :) 

I use to keep Quail many years ago - so sweet when they hatch out of 
the eggs - the young quail look like little bumble bees. 


I would like to enter it for the following 

Challenge



Thank you for popping in 
keep safe and warm

Crafty hugs 

20 comments:

  1. This is a really unique and beautiful quail. You colored it so well, and I really liked how you die cut your letter. What I like most is, I'm fairly certain this will be the only quail we'll see for the Q challenge.

    I really enjoyed your back story, too. It brought the image to life for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your painting of the quail and the beautiful background you created. Your comment about the young quail being like bumble bees made me smile, I get some very odd images in my head sometimes! Have a great day, Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great tag. Beautifully painted Quail. His surroundings are fabulous painting too. Now I want to see a baby bumble bee quail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shaped background and I love your painted Quail!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice background and a great quail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful Quail tag and a great choice for Q.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab tag, love the bird and the colours you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I some how missed this lovely tag. I love how you've coloured him and a lovely background too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab tag! Off to find a pic of some newly hatched quails now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea for letter Q, really pretty colours x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tag for the challenge. Snap, I did a quail on a tag as well

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a gorgeous tag!
    I'm off to google 'pictures of baby quails' now!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tag is wonderful! I love the quail

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful tag, I love your beautifully coloured quail.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tag, live the colouring and the colour burst background. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous tag and I love the colours you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen