Followers

Home

Monday, 22 February 2016

Butterflies gallor

A good morning to you all this Monday morning.

How are you all today? 

I had a bit of a sort out yesterday - checking on my boxes  and boxes of "stuff"
and found something a friend gave me - she was throwing it out and thought of me !!!

What is it .... Handmade tissue paper...mmmm what can I make with this so that 
I do not end up throwing it out myself. :) 


So here is my card for today made with something that was going to be 
thrown out and all made with bibs and bobs, snippets from the "stash" 



I noticed that a small piece was torn and had a rather nice edge.... this got my
mind working on how would the tissue paper seem if all edges were torn. 




I inked with Card-io butterfly stamps and "sapphire" blue ink
onto strips of cream tissue paper.


Mounted onto the dark "sapphire" blue tissue paper using red tape.


Mounted a blue ribbon again from my stash -  onto a card blank - coloured to match the 
theme of the colour. 


Used Novo drops in the corners and glitter on the dark blue paper
final step (of course) is to add a double butterfly. 

Hope you like it 


I would like to enter it for the following 

Challenges





Thank you for popping in .... 

going to have a day of sorting out more of 
my paper bibs and bobs.

Wonder why I have so much but thats me I suppose
just love it all. 

Crafty hugs



7 comments:

  1. Great use of the paper, the torn edges really make the card and of course we all love a butterfly or two. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this handmade paper brings back memories of my early crafting days! What a good job you've done with it. Lovely card full of snippets.

    Thanks for skipping along to the Snippets Playground.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it a lot! Good use for the tissue (more or less like mulberry paper I think?). This is a very pretty card, and it is always good to go back to old techniques and materials occasionally. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like it and love that it is all made from scraps and snippets. The torn edges give lovely texture. You've reminded me, I'm sure I've got some handmade paper somewhere!
    It is good to see you over at the Buttefly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty. I love the distressed edges of the paper and it is nice to see something that would otherwise gone into the bin. The stamping of the butterflies was a great idea. As you have used both stamping and sapphire your entry will go into theew draw twice. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of scraps! The stamped butterflies on the mulberry paper is beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing it at Emerald Creek Dares.
    {julia} Emerald Creek DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome. Thanks for joining us over at Through The Craft Room Door. Look forward to seeing you again.

    Tammi
    TTCRD, DT

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen