Followers

Home

Wednesday, 10 February 2016

WOYWW = Wednesday 349

Good Morning to you all.

First I see I have had to sign in again to several of 
the blogs I follow. Sorry if you think I have stopped 
following you....its not me ...its Google !!!

So WOYWW today, at Stamping Ground - Wednesday 349....

yes its Wednesday already
where does the time go. 




Now over the last few days I have been playing with 
shaving foam. 

Its a bit messy, and great fun.

Just trying to sort out which background paper 
to use for the next Challenge from Clarity Stamp Calendar Challenge

Think I may have to try for something a bit more 
swirly.... however nothing is wasted. 

I  will show you a breakdown of the steps
for you to try. 

Any colours work - using the dropper Distress inks.
I gather you can use the Acrylic paints too...those that are in the little bottles.

I started using a baking tray with shaving foam


place card on shaving foam..


 Take paper out and then scrape off shaving foam


Results !!! 
And plenty of them. 


try on glass mat


results 




making around 20 sheets before the shaving foam became a bit 
muddy. 

Then I thought wonder if I could use my glass mat and
get more "movement" on the papers. 

Yes. 

Will try that again maybe today. 

Do give it a go all you need is very cheap shaving foam
and distress inks. 

Well thats it for now 

Not sure I will get a card up loaded today
we will see...

Have a great day

Crafty hugs 



17 comments:

  1. This is great fun Pen. It's exciting to see what you end up with isn't it. I see you got a top three in the Butterfly Challenge. Congratulations. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And then after all that, you can shave your legs!! What a fun thing to try and the results are excellent...a bit like marbling :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 13 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I've never used that paper painting technique, but it looks like a lot of fun and the results are beautiful. Happy WOYWW! #40

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard about this but never tried it! Fantastic results! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #36

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did this technique with my son, he loved it.Vicky#19

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have never seen this technique before... and hoping my grandchildren don't hear of it either lol :) You have made some beautiful effects - lovely!
    Have a wonderful Wednesday
    Bubbles #33
    http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! That sounds like a lot of fun. I remember the kids playing in shaving cream when they were young lol.

    Sharon K #44

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG this sounds like too much fun. I have to give this ago. Have you played with craft tissue paper and water? Basically cut up the craft tissue paper into shapes or strips or whatever, add water to card, canvas, whatever, add the strips, add more water, leave to dry - voila interesting papers, etc. It is lots of fun. Be sure to use cheap craft tissue, not wrapping tissue, that doesn't bleed. Cx #46

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love using shaving foam. Still as exciting as the first time. There's always someone in my class who hasn't seen it before !! love it. Thanks for sharing. Sandra #66

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pen, I started okay this morning but got tied up with a difficult project so only just getting round to starting my visits. This is one of my favourite techniques, do show us how you use the finished results. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 26

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the shaving cream technique. Your lifts came out very pretty and ready for projects. Creative Dreams! ~Kelly #42

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your results are fab, must give this a go with my granddaughter :-) Dawn #16

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is ages since I did that technique, when there are so many fun things around that create lovely backgrounds like this I wonder why we all buy paper? Thanks for sharing and reminding me of a fun technique.
    Hugs & Thanks for the visit
    Neet 1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like good fun :) Thanks for the visit yesterday - sorry I am so late getting round this week. Soojay xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like messy fun! I have not tried this technique although I love the design it makes. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOh it is great fun, huh. And the bonus of a stock of nice backing sheets too. Why we don't al do this regularly...I was going to say that its a mystery. But in my case its not, I just remembered how lazy I am!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting technique!
    I have to borrow my hubbies shaving foam.. LOL

    Lovely weekend to you!
    Sussie nr 8 WOYWW

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen