Followers

Home

Saturday, 12 March 2016

Bronze butterflies and buttons

Morning All 

And a big hello today and so glad you have popped by 
to see me. 

Its my Niece's birthday today Amy is 23 years old
where does the time go? 
Yes I made her a card - of course - hope she likes it. :) 

Well here is my card for today


I have used a whole lot of bibs and bobs I have to say. 

Cut down a sheet of card which had butterflies on - from Hunkydory.

Mounted onto a "wrong" coloured card blank - so used "bronze" 
inks to colour the edges. 

Added 4 bronze buttons to the corners. 

Then the fun bit. Raided my bag of bits of card / paper 
what can I use..... trying to thing along the lines of paper piecing...
to make my butterflies.....


Yes
found something .... great - hate waste so 
out of something small I make something beautiful.


 die cut out gold/bronze and  silver butterflies 
 using my new Crafters Companion dies, 
then on the silver I use bronze gilding wax. Stick them together using 
3D glue and add to card. They give texture and lift to the card.


close up here 


So there it is done 
Bronze butterflies with buttons with a feel of Spring in the Air.

I would like to enter it for the following 

Challenges 






Thank you for popping in 

The sun is shinning so hopefully I can get out into the garden 
again today. Spent 1.5 hours in it yesterday and have to 
say I slept very well last night. 
All that fresh air :) 

Hope to see you tomorrow 
have a great day. 

Crafty hugs 







15 comments:

  1. Super card Pen! Love all the broze - am still fretting over a card for the Butterfly challenge here :(

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Love all the textures and the fabulous butterflies look great with the double gilding wax!
    Thanks for sharing your gorgous card in the Butterfly Challenge#50 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card with all those flutterbys, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card - your butterflies are fabulous.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous and such good use of those snippets of card. I like how you have used the wrong card but made it right!!. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered into the draw twice. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Pen, lovely details and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very lovely card Pen. Love all those lovely butterflies. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Pen, love that butterfly background card and the different butterflies you have added finish it off perfectly. Great colour too.
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love the variety of butterflies on it. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pretty card! - thank you for playing along at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky xx Jan DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card - love the colours - thanks so much for joining us over at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delightful card,,pretty butterflies.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Spring is in the air' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know the group name for lots of butterflies, but yours are lovely, and you made good use of some snippets too. Well done. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great to see you using up some of your stash of leftovers. Inspires me that i need to do the same instead of just collecting it. Thanks for entering the Anything Goes challenge at Bizzy Bec's, Jackie DT x

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen