Followers

Home

Tuesday, 15 March 2016

People who forget

Afternoon all and thank you for 
popping in.

Its been one of those days today - won't go into it all 
but it has left me rather drained. 

Families who would have them - and I am "piggy in the middle"

Well that out the way - here is my card for today 
which I was working on yesterday. 


It was interesting trying to work out how to make the picture using the Gelli plate - I could have
done with a small Gelli plate instead of my big one. Something to get in time :) 

It turned out that I think I was using the "wrong" plastic to get the 
right texture for the back ground. 

Here I was using a plastic bag - notice the lines......


not what I was looking for - useful for something I am sure

Used the plastic from one of my Clarity Stamps and that did the trick, 
many times over !!!


Much better. 

I used the stamps required from Clarity Stamps and followed the 
instructions on the Calendar and hopefully picture 
this is similar to the original that I was trying to 
copy. 

Highlighted the "hills" with a black pen, used pencils to give highlights and a bit of
extra colour to the hills. 


I am not sure if I should have stamped the words a little darker


- thought about going over them with a pen but knowing me
I would have made a mistake. 

So there it is mounted up :) 


I would like to enter it for the following 

Challenges 






Well thats it for now, have not got out into the garden today.
But the food cupboards are full as I have been to the shops today :) 

Going to have a cuppa now and try to chill and relax for
a bit. 

Crafty hugs

Thanks for popping by 

x

14 comments:

  1. Your scene very nice good luck in the clarity calendar challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background of your card. Good luck in the calender challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you've been caught in the middle of a family squabble. Hugs. Your card is lovely. I like the sentiment as it is, it encourages you to look into the picture and notice all the detail rather than overpowering the image. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Pen, and I love the verse, how true, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is lovely Pen. The scene looks super and I really like the verse. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful step by step Pen, I love it.. Well done.. And clever reuse of the gelli plate items. Great scene. :)
    Pray the family issues settle, I've been piggy int he middle myself..not fun.
    bloggy hugs, Shaz in Oz. X


    {Bizzy Becs DT}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for you! I love your card! It came out great! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card and a beautiful sentiment too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work, haven't done mine yet but if it turns out half as good as yours I will be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our WHERE THE HE{ART} IS challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous creative card for our current challenge and thanks for sharing your wonderful skills.xxx

    Bizzy Bec Challenges DT{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always good to try new things. You did well. The sentiment is so true. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are very talented Penny. A lovely scene. I too struggled to get a good background never thought of using the plastic from the stamps. Good luck in the challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen