Followers

Home

Saturday, 23 April 2016

Animal farm

Morning All and thank you for popping by to see me and my blog

The sun is shinning and think I will go out for a walk in a bit so
early this morning with my blog..... shhh dont tell anyone
but I wrote it up yesterday ready for today.

So 
here is my card for today


I have been working on this for sometime on and off trying to get it 
right, think it is right now... well for me anyway. 

For the Clarity Stamp Challenge we had to use Masks, masking,.....

I have used first the Clarity Stamp stencil and taped it down onto 
some white card. 

Then stamped various Wee animals, trees, tractor and birds 
in the shapes of the stencil. Lifting as I went to get them in the right place. 

 Then used masks over the trees, sheep and tractor 
using
Clarity Stamp brushes brushed in the sky over a cloud mask. 



Made the sky by mixing in various blues and blacks. 

Took off the mask (sorry did not take a photo) 

And continued with the brushes building up the grass areas - giving highlights with 
a makeup sponge to "ground" the animals and making a hill in the background 
with another mask. 

Then went round the edge shapes with a black micro pen. 


Checking as I go to make sure I am happy with the effect. 


Start working on the trees


Trees too light in colour .... so painted in the trees 
with cosmic shimmer paint


Painting in the tractor ....

Missed 2 boxes !!! 


added bright red  "apples" 
to the trees - unfortunately the photo does not show the red apples very well

Also I realised that I had forgotten to put my black pen around 2 boxes once I had mounted
it onto the layers. Funny how you miss things until you come back the
next day.





Used an alcohol marker around the edge with black and mounted the finished 
card onto white card, black card and finally onto a white card blank.

I have to say that I just love these new Wee Farm animals from Clarity Stamps
I can see so many wonderful uses and ideas. Think they will become my
favourite stamps....for now :)


I would like to enter it for the following 

Challenges 

Clarity Stamp Challenge - 38 - Masking

Creative Inspirations - 249 - Your Favourite Things!

Create and Inspire - 44 - anything goes

Ribbon Girls - April - Any image

Best get on with the day.... just off into the garden while the
sun is shinning. I do find I always feel better if I am out in the
garden.

So bye for now and thanks for popping by
and see you tomorrow hopefully :)

crafty hugs

19 comments:

  1. Stunning pen all the wee stamps in the stencil look wonderful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card Pen. Very interesting to look. It's fun and colourful. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cArd ! Thank you so much for taking the time for this awesome tutorial .this will help me immensely .
    Can imagine you at your home . No small,villages here in Virginia but the sun is shinning ,just rained nd it it a vibrant green outdoes with azaleas galore .,

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card Pen, such a super design - lovely stamped animals and brilliant background.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your selection of 'Wee Stamps' in conjunction with your stencil choice. Best wishes in this month's Clarity Challenge and thanks very much for joining in ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the choice of stamps you have used and the stencil. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card - I love all the detail in your boxes.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great composition Pen loving the detail in the boxes. The abstract square range of stencils are great arent they. Good luck and thanks for entering

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great composition Pen loving the detail in the boxes. The abstract square range of stencils are great arent they. Good luck and thanks for entering

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pen - really like this card, and especially the way you have made an abstract kind of frame by just marking the outer shapes with the black pen. You've given me an idea for my two great-nephew's birthday cards this year, so thanks! Good luck, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the tutorial Pen a labour of love to create this wonderful card love the farm animals and implements and your colour choice stunning

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Create And Inspire

    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT Create And Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love what you have done here good coloured scene good luck in the clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant! So much work involved there, love the little mouse. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Penny this is a lovely example of masking, I really like how you have used the stencil and stamps. Thanks for joining the Claritystamp challenge this month. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for joining in the Claritystamp Challenge with your lovely artwork.
    Wishing you luck in our competition x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great step-by-step and very interesting to read how your card developed, Pen. Good luck in the Clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful combination, so effective. A lot of work and worth it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for entering our April 'use any image' challenge Pen - your card is stunning and a great tutorial too. Good luck!

    Anne x
    www.ribbongirl.co.uk
    www.learningtojive.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen