Followers

Home

Sunday, 10 April 2016

D is for - Dandelion with a pink sky.


Afternoon all hope you have a great day today
the sun is shining. 

Had a lovely time out in the garden yesterday although I 
have a few aches and pains this morning. 

Hopefully will have another go out in the garden later today. 

Here is my "card" today - a tag


I have been making background papers / tags using up 
Ken Oliver Bursts paints on my glass mat....
it doe surprise me how I get so many different effects.


 But first


I stamped the Sheena Douglass Dandelion stamp in black on the tag


Then I painted, splattered and dabbed the tag with paints from my glass mat.
Spraying the tag with water to create the effect I wanted.


Then used  Sheena Douglass Stencil to make the flowers in the foreground
using the ink still left on my smoothie - black soot. Still so much left 
to use up. I very rarely wash my smoothies as always want to  use up the 
very last of the inks. 

Added three birds to the corner, ribbon from Crafty Ribbons out of my stash, definition 
and there it is.


Tried to get a feel of the sky behind the flowers with the pink sky, 
and do notice the definition is also mounted onto pink card.

Hope you like it


I would like to enter it for the following 

Challenges


The Craft Barn Alpha / dictionary challenge - D is for + Pink

Thank you for popping over to my blog today.

I am going to make a cuppa and then out in the garden for an hour.

Need that time to relax and get my hands dirty ..... weeding is calling me.

The birds are starting to make nests here - so funny to see the robin having a
barney with the wren - both wanting the same hole...

Well thats it for now.

Crafty hugs

20 comments:

  1. The silhouettes look great against your pretty sky. Those darn dandelions, why they gotta be so much fun! At least in our crafts they only multiply if we want them to. Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag. I love the background. I wish I could get my hands on those color bursts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag - love those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beautiful sky. I love dandelion clocks and your stamp is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background effects on your tag and a lovely way to incorporate pink for the "D" word challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Pen, lovely colours and stamp, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag. That is a lovely stamp and your background showcases it perfectly. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tag, and love dandelion seed heads. I was tempted to use the same word as I have some great stamps for the seed heads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fantastic background love the pink hue to the sky the dandelion stamp is a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely, beautiful colours. I have a little giveaway. With my DT hat on I see you have entered pur crafty ribbons challenge, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Pen - LOVE this! You reminded me that I have a dandelion clock stamp plus a really suitable sentiment in my toy box for a Playground prize. Need to offer them before too long.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good idea to use your pink in the sky - looks great with the dandelion heads!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful tag the colour bursts look fabulous as your background
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fantastic creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful tag
    Thanks for playing along at crafty ribbons
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous background - our evening sky yesterday was just like this, with trees silhouettes rather than dandelions. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I realize I'm late visiting and the Craft Barn has already announced their next letter, but I vowed to visit everyone and even though I'm late, I'm here now.

    I really adored how you took us through the steps you used to create this gorgeous tag. It is adorable and well thought out.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, beautiful tag, love those colours used! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the pinky blue sky, a perfect backdrop for the silhouettes of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen