Followers

Home

Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Different flowers for WOYWW


Morning all - again I say where does the time go.....

its Wednesday yet again and time for WOYWW
over at 


Here is my photo today - I went for a 2 mile walk "around the block" 
and picked some flowers along the way. 


I was very lucky and Won the 6" Gelli plate from over 
on Art Room Blog many thanks Lee.

Going to have a play with it today using the leaves I picked yesterday. 

I would like to show you my card for today 


Been using up some of my stash and found this which I had started about 
3 months ago! And thought I know just how to use that today.

I had started with Clarity Stamp petal shape inked in black archival inks


 Used Ken Oliver Burst on the paper spraying with water to 
make the background. 


Using red distress inks to colour card blank, found 
scrapes of white and red cards to help mat and layer



Coloured in the flower with red pens to highlight the flower. 


Found some scraps of ribbon to mount onto the sides of the red white mats.
using red tape. 


Final part mat and layer all bibs and bobs together. 

Glad I found a use for my stash again. Is my box of bibs and bobs going down
dont be silly - I just can not throw anything away... how about you? 

So a different flower from the original photo :) 



I would like to enter it for the following 

Challenges 




Thank you for popping over and I really appropriate all 
your lovely comments. 

Will report back with my efforts using the Gelli plate 
over the next few days - all being well - the success and the 
failures ... all a learning curve. :) 

Have a great day 

Crafty hugs 

17 comments:

  1. Love the small display of wild flowers Pen seeing them cheered me up, we still have snow falling from laden sky's but thankfully it's not lying.

    Love the card it's a real statement piece in a glorious colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is very pretty. I smiled when I read the part about your box of bib and bobs, because I have one that never seems to go down, no matter how much stuff from it I use. Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. The card is lovely - always make you feel good when using up things you have already started... The wild flowers are gorgeous!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the flowers of both kind with us. Happy WOYWW. Susanne #38

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card and your flowers are beautiful. I was picking dandelions this morning in the garden for the bunnies breakfast! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers - both real and your card. My box of snippets, bit'n'bobs, and 'stuff' just keeps growing!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flowers and a great card Pen! I think bits and bobs breed during the night when we're fast asleep!

    Lovely to see you in the Playground

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card. Well done on completing it after starting it a while back. Thanks for the info on how it was made. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Love the flowers.

    Have a great week
    Sharon K #46

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on winning the gelli plate. You'll have lots of fun with that. Well done finishing your card. It looks lovely. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what great card. Congrats on your winning!!
    Have a great day.
    Diane - WOYWW #36

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. Love the techniques you've used. Have a great week and happy woyww, Angela x 21

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, I love those hot pinks. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice touch with the colour. Adding anything reds is quite scary to me! Lovely that you used some old stash too, just the sort of thing I should be doing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A really pretty card. Love the strong colours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely card. You made great use of the bits in your scrap box. I'm always adding to mine but never seem to use anything from it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card! Box of bibs and bobs....you're lucky I have a truck load! Ha ha! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen