Followers

Home

Friday, 29 April 2016

Real leaves - gelli day

Morning all - how are you today? 

I did have a lovely play the other day using the small Gelli plate. 

Some results - not right but some I was really quite pleased with. 

I was thinking along the lines of entering the Craft Barn Challenge 
with Red,white and black.... and using the leaves from my walk. 

And here is my final result


I will show you just a few photos of the process as I got so involved 
with my ideas I forgot to take photos along the way.

Leaves taken off the plate !
 Some results
Using leaves and punchinella waste... trying to give different layers
of colour.....

 Waste rollings from the brayer onto copy paper - more stash for
a later date !

More prints ... ghost images
 Close up of final card mat and layered onto black, white and red card




I discovered that I could use the ink on the fern leaves and still 
make a copy of them using the gelli plate.... rather interesting.

Also a ghost print is just great to keep on working on to give
deeper layers. 

Now my crafty stash is EVEN LARGER !!!


I would like to enter it for the following 


The Craft Barn Challenge - Red white and black

Where the Heart is - 8 - Sparkle and shine / or Anything goes

Thank you for popping in and I look forward to 
seeing you again very soon. 

Mrs Pheasant is now sitting :) 

I would say to any one - have a go with a gelli plate - if in doubt 
have a look on YouTube. 

Well think its a day to do some cooking 

What you ask 

Cakes :) 

Bye for now Have a great day

Crafty hugs 








16 comments:

  1. Fabulous work Pen, love the use of the leaves, they make s wonderful pattern and your completed card is stunning, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your leaf card looks really good and it looks as if you've plent more to play with. Have fun. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fantastic interesting effects you achieved whilst "playing" the fern leaves made lovely patterns and the one you used a great focal point on your card

    ReplyDelete
  4. All this Gelli printing makes me want to play... But yes cooking cakes (long promised and overdue!) calls!
    The fern impression looks gorgeous, a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not tried this with my gelli plate, but it is very effective, creating such beautiful ferns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have had lots of fun with your gel plate Pen. I love some of the effects you have created. I really should get mine out more often, it makes great backgrounds.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you enjoyed your play with the gelli plate. Love the leaves. Caravx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card! Thanks so much for participating in our WHERE THE HE{ART} IS challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous project and love the colours and whole concept of this creation. Thanks so much for sharing at our current challenge. ♥

    Julia Spiri Challenges {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your experimenting. It looks like you had fun! Thanks for entering the Anything Goes challenge at Busy Bec's this month, Jackie DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Pen, love the effect you created with the leave. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Julia Spiri. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah the gelli plate is so much fun to explore with Pen, love your imaginative use!
    Thanks so much for joining in Bizzy Bec's Anything Goes Monthly challenge,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Bizzy Becs DT}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous results with your Gelli printing. The leaves look great, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the results you got using your Gelli plate and fern leaves. I hope the ferns in my garden send up new fronds very soon so I can have a printing session.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing results with your new toy!! A great addition to your stash. Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen