Followers

Home

Friday, 15 April 2016

Something old - something new


Well here I am at long last .... 

had to go off to the post office this morning to sort out the "stuff" I sold 
on Ebay. Then it all kicked off with Mum in tears on the phone while I was out. 

Oh dear ....all sorted, for now.... I am putting it all down to her 
still trying to recover from her stroke and cancer. 

Her memory is completely shot...so I have to repeat myself over and over. 

There it is powerless I am ....

I thought I would share something old with you to join in with 

Erika seeing it is Friday

Here is a photo of Dennis's Grans house just across the road from where we live.

 Unfortunately the house is no longer standing.

When Gran passed away the cottage was sold and the new people ended up 
knocking it down and building a "modern" house. !!!! 


The garden you can see in the foreground is the area I use to 
till - and Gran would watch from her window - saying I garden "funny"

What she meant is - strange to see flowers growing in with the veg. 

Bless her - she was nearly 100 years old when she passed away. 

Good to remember these times - glad I now have my own garden to 
grow our veg. 

Here is my card for today


I have used Little Claire stamp on one of my backgrounds



Coloured in and mounted onto different layers of card and background papers


Added ribbon corners on a white card blank

I would like to enter it for the following 

Challenges 



Thank you for popping over to see me

Look forward to seeing you again very soon

Oh and before I go a big welcome to my new follower Kristie over
on Networkblogs.

Crafty hugs

13 comments:

  1. Hi Pen, your grandmother's cottage looks so cosy - such a shame to knock it down and replace with a modern build - horrible buildings in my opinion. I feel for your mum - to have both the effects of a stroke and cancer to contend with must be really difficult. I hope she makes a steady recovery. Your card is lovely. I like the spattered background, perfect for the image which is coloured beautifully. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pen, what a worry for you and your family when your mum gets so distressed, poor lady, I hope she recovers.
    Your Gran's cottage is lovely and in a beautiful rural setting. It must have been a lovely garden, shame it had to go, but you have your memories of it.
    Lovely card, super colours and image, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pen shame about your Grandmother's house it looks lovely and what a super garden too.
    Great oldie today, thank you for joining me. The hedgehogs should be here right now as it is throwing it down. They look as if they're having so much fun on your card. It's too cold in reality. Loving how you've created your background too.

    Have a super weekend, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great photo and what a shame it isn't there now. Lovely card today. Sending hugs to you and your Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your happy memories. Sorry to hear that you and your Mum are still struggling, I'm sure you're right in thinking that everything she's been through recently has affected her memory. Lovely card, hugs Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pen,
    wonderful photo of your Grans cottage today, and very interesting Oldie.
    perhaps we could see a photo of whats there now at sometime.
    My Hubby had a mini stroke just before Christmas, and had to have an op over the New Year for a blocked artery in his neck.
    He had similar prob with memory, and still has small ones now also.
    So I can strongly sympathize with you.
    I do hope things pick up in the future.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Love and big hugs. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card and I love your background :-)
    Sorry to hear that about your Mum and it's such a shame that they knocked that very pretty house down. :-( What a gorgeous view you have - very pretty countryside.... I miss 'green' LoL

    Thank you for playing at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES.

    Hugz
    IKE xx (in Greece)

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog


    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Pen, love the cute image. Sorry to hear about your Mum, hope things improve for you all soon.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful design Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike'sWorld challenge

    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to hear that things are so difficult for you all. Your poor Mum has been through and awful lot and probably feels very frustrated and frightened. I do hope the situation improves for you all. All you can do is your best. Look after you too and you can lose yourself in you lovely crafting. Your card is very sweet. Hugs, Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the photo and the garden, home grown veg really is the best you can get! Gorgeous card too. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent and imagination at work. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Pen, such cute hedgehogs! Sorry to hear about your mum, you just have to keep strong and lose yourself in a little crafting when you can! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A super card. What fun the hedgehogs are having splashing in the puddles, something I like to do - when nobody is looking!

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen