Followers

Home

Friday, 27 May 2016

Thoughts of Australia

Good Morning 

Now I said yesterday that I had been playing with Ken Oliver and Brusho powders
the reason what for the following 

Challenge


I have been giving some thought as to  Australia and thought along the lines of it
being hot hot hot...


So with that in mind I stamped my AlteNew Cactus  stamps onto 
watercolour paper. 

Masked off with a "rubber mask" - wet the paper and puffed various
colours onto the wet paper. 


 Blotted off with another paper so as to not waste any colours

Rubbed off the mask with a special rubber.

 Added more colours

Used a white card blank and blotted up colours from my glass mat
to make a coloured background


Used various watercolour pencils and Cosmic Shimmer paint to
colour in the Cactus.


Mounted onto black card and then onto the card blank and used a black pen to faux the edge
to bring it all together.

Added a U Rock Sentiment from AlteNew Label Stamps.

Just love this Sentiment ... :) 


I hope you like it and will be pleased to enter it for the 
following 

Challenges 

Altenew Challenge - May - Inspiration challenge places abroad Australia.

Creative Inspirations - 252 - Anything goes

Thank you for popping over to see me today

Had a lovely day out in the garden yesterday but it is raining today. 

Well it will do the garden good. 

Crafty  hugs 




7 comments:

  1. Love the background these powders make great backgrounds and these cacti shimmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous background Pen, lovely colours and the plant images are super, great design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card... I love how you have used the powders & inks for the backing & background :) xXx
    My Blog Angie's Craft Hideaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pen great sentiment and lovely background too for your plants. I've not used those powders or inks yet....something else I NEED. ;)
    Have a good weekend, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Pen and your colouring is great. I like your Brushos background very much too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful work and you are making me pray for the sun. lol I've not been to Australia but would love to one day. thank you for joining us at creative inspirations this fortnight.
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love the background you created. Cara x

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen