Followers

Home

Wednesday, 4 May 2016

WOYWW - 361

Morning all and what do you know? 

Well I know its Wednesday again so so so very soon and its 
time to pop over to see



Here is my work top this morning - I had a bit of a tidy up so that 
I can have a bit of a play today. 

I think I need to have a bit of a boost to my thinking and the way I do this 
is to have a play. 

I have got out my Encaustic Wax Art Stuff.... have not played with it for 
sometime and think its time to get in the zone. 

Also on my desk is a couple of cards I am working on.... 

both with new stamps from Ryn Design and AlteNew. 

Now a problem I had with the AlteNew stamp is beading when I first used the stamp



But I asked on Social Media - you know the one - on their page and got a very 
good tip - use Versa mark first - wipe it off - and then try 

and as you can see from the flower in my first photo, it works. 

Anyone else had this problem with a large solid area stamp? 

Got to get the washing on, and pegged out the sun is shinning so its 
a good day to use our own generated Solar electric ;) 

Have a great day and thank you so much for 
popping over to see me. 

Crafty hugs 





12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love that colour combo. Thanks for the tip about the ink beading on new stamps, I've had that sometimes too. I think that looks like the same stamp I've been using this week, first time I'd tried the layered stamping thing, and I'm hooked! :o) HAve a great week. Annie C #26

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Pen. What a lovely card. A pleasure to receive. Beautiful colouring. Well done. In answer to your question - yes, I've had trouble with that "beading". Didn't know what to do about it, so thank you for the tip! Maybe I'll use the stamp more now!!
    Your own solar generated electricity - good for you... would love to be able to put that on our home too.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #5

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a clever tip ... I have tried rubbing with an eraser and the result wasn't too bad. Must try the versamark next time.
    sandra de @14

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pen, yes saw the versamark tip on a new clear stamp on video by Jennifer McGuire recently, she actually does it for all her new clear stamps to aid crisp stamping first up. Must admit I hadn't remembered the tip though til read your post...
    Have been out of craft land for ten day break, no WOYWW but scheduled DT post tomorrow.
    Thanks so much for the inspiration,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Versamark tip. That's a lovely little stamp. Have a good week. Susanne #29

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I was hoping to use the free AlteNew stamp that came with a magazine, so thank you for that tip.
    Love purple card.
    Thanks for sharing
    Chris #10

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pretty card , and who wouldn't be delighted to receive it. Jill #6

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of creativity going on there and I noticed a bunny or two hiding there. When they were demonstrating Altenew stamps on telly the other day she suggested using a pencil eraser to rub over the surface and I've been told that rubbing a baby wipe over the surface can work too. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice colours. I love the card. It is very pretty.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #39

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card. It's good to play sometimes that's how we learn to stretch ourselves without worrying about getting something completed. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 24

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see your encaustic work. I think I would really enjoy, but have yet to go down that road. I've heard that rubbing a white eraser over the same works for stamp issues, but the versamark is a much easier thing to do. I will try it next time. Happy Wednesday, LisaDV 36

    ReplyDelete
  12. great stamps and great tip on the beading.
    Have a great day.
    Diane - WOYWW #30

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen