Followers

Home

Friday, 17 June 2016

K is for ..... Kingfisher


Morning and thank you for popping over to see my blog
today. 

Had a good day yesterday - went to the Village Hall Coffee Morning 
and sold a couple of my cards. 

It is always nice to meet up with fellow village folk for a natter 
and of course cakes. 

Took some of my books to recycle - we have a sort of library of books which 
we sell for a grand total of 20 pence each and once we have finished with them 
return for another to read. It all adds up for the funds to help run the Village Hall. 

Anyway I digress 

Here is my card for today 


K is for .... Kingfisher. 

Bought new stamps from Hobby Art the other day and thought great I can use them 
for this challenge 

I used Kraft card and cut out a tag to keep with the theme of using tags for this challenge
also keeping in with the theme "of mine" animals or plants. 



I put gesso over the kraft card to add a bit of background texture

Stamped the image with gray permanent ink


Coloured in with watercolour pencils and brush. 


Added the definition and letter


I hope you like it

I would like to enter it for the following 

Challenge 



Hope you have a great day 
and look forward to seeing you again. 

Need to wait in for a delivery and fingers crossed that a delivery for 
Germany arrives today - Has arrived in the UK yesterday and now saying 24 hour Express but 
we will see !! 

Crafty hugs

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful vivid colours Pen gorgeous tag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag Pen, it's a lovely image and such brilliant colouring, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Pen, I love the kingfisher
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was out all day and when I returned, I saw this lovely tag. What a great K word. Not one others would consider using, I'm sure. I like how you colored it, and how you took us through the process, too.

    Glad you had fun in your village today and sold a few cards, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you just bought that stamp! It makes a wonderful scene and I love your watercolouring. Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love kingfishers and their bright plumage. Perfect setting for a fab stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful painting of your Kingfisher. Well done for selling your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous tag, Pen, and perfect for our challenge.Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations. I've just bought that set too, it's lovely, isn't it?

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great! Beautiful colourwork.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love kingfishers, now why didn't I think of that. I was going to do all birds for mine, but been there done that, and decided to go random.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab tag, love the kingfisher. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great tag, and a beautiful kingfisher! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great tag. A lovely relaxing image x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You made great use of your new stamps to make a lovely colourful tag.

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen