Followers

Home

Tuesday, 19 July 2016

Balloons and the heat

Afternoon everyone and are you melting?

I am glad I made my card which I will show today for you - yesterday
as with this heat I am unable to think. I have just taken a photo of 
our thermometer outside and have a look at the bottom of my blog. 


Here is my card 





I started with one of my mopped up background cards, cut it down to size. 


Then used up snippets of mirri card from my stash and die cut out the balloons
with a die from Tattered Lace. 

Got into the swing of cutting them out using my mini die cutting machine.

Added the mirri balloons and die cut out Happy Birthday in black card
and drew in ribbons for the balloons. 

Mounted onto mirri gold card and onto a cream coloured card blank.

I think this makes it a clean and simple card. 


I would like to enter it for the following 

Challenges 




Now for that temperature ..... and as I write it is nearly to 50 !!! Ok I know it is 
where the sun is but this is a sun trap of a garden. 
But it is even too hot for me... 

In doors it is 27 C 


I do feel for the little ones and the older folk 

Just to show you our peas... they are nearly 5 foot tall - why - I dont know....



Picked finally all of one bush of Black currants - around 6 lbs frozen :) 

Must dash so have a good day and look forward to seeing you 
again over on my blog. 

Glad to say made the Top 3 over at Ikes World challenge which was a nice surprise today.


Hope to see you again 

Crafty hugs 

7 comments:

  1. A lovely card - I like your mopped up background. It's really warm here too and the beach is packed although I don't think some people realise how hot it really is as we have a sea breeze as well. I think there will be some very sore people tomorrow!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely Pen. I really like the mopped up background. It's been very hot here today in the Midlands although it's much cooler when we come indoors as the cottage has very thick stone walls. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, you'd never think your beautiful background was from tidying up! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, your card is great! Love the background and those pretty balloons. And secondly, I am envious of your beautiful garden! I can't seem to grow anything but weeds. lol Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It wasn't as hot up here, quite pleasant actually and most unusual!
    Another great card, you certainly have got the art of fine background down to a t.

    Have a super weekend, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a great time to craft indoors! But hey with a CAS make it's over quickly... Gorgeous background colour and lovely CAS design on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great background for your CAS design.

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen