Followers

Home

Friday, 29 July 2016

By the sea

I was going to say morning and now see it is the afternoon 

So afternoon all - well another week is nearly over.

Been a bit of a roller coaster of emotions, thoughts and "stuff" going on. 

But that is life - it is how we react to it all that makes the difference. 

I have been working on a Seaside card today. 


I used Little Claire peel-off Beach huts and put them onto a white card blank


Added To the Beach and bucket and spade.... 

I then got out my distress inks, brushes, and watercolour paints to create 
the scene. 

Used a mask to make the clouds. 
Added texture to the "sand" area by using different watercolour pencils, and inks

Added a sentiment and a couple of peel off birds in the sky. 


I hope you like it and would like to enter it for the following 

Challenges 



To keep with the theme of the seaside here is something old which I would like to 
share with you over at Erika's


This photo, which I use for cards, was taken around 6 years ago on 
Woolacombe Beach North Devon. 

I do not know who the surfers are - but they were in the right place at the right time.
And happy to have their photo taken. 

Hope you have a good day and look forward 
to your visit tomorrow

Crafty hugs 


7 comments:

  1. Ooooh I've been to Woolacombe beach, hubby is from that neck of the woods and he would love to move back. I like it here in Scotland as do the boys, it's not as crowded or as warm!
    Great photograph, love the siloutte style of it. (After a good day's surfing!)
    Great beach card too Pen, love all the inky layers. We have beach huts here so always have a soft spot for that style of card.
    Thanks for joining me today sharing an oldie.
    I hope mum continues to improve as it must be a worry for you.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afternoon Pen, sorry to hear you've had an up and down week. I hope your Mum is continuing to make progress.

    What a lovely happy beach card. Just perfect for the sort of weather we've recently enjoyed. Hugs, Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pen,
    very appropriate the Beach Hut card for the name of your blog.
    I love all your wonderful inking and that very fab scene sp wonderfully created.

    What a great picture for your Oldie.
    It is a wonderful photo, and so very superbly photographed may I add.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pen, lovely seaside card, lovely colours and fab colouring.
    Super photo for your oldie, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I'm not a card maker, I simply adore your seaside card. The way you described it makes me believe I might even be able to create something similar. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great seaside scene, lovely vibrant golden sand love the colourful beach huts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both your sea side scenes. I could just do with a paddle in a warm sea right now! Cara x

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen