Followers

Home

Sunday, 24 July 2016

Pink out of Africa

Hi there and thank you for dropping in to see me 
on this Sunday. 

Hope you are well and enjoying your day. 

Horrid weather here today - rain - but am I disappointed - NO 
the garden needs the rain, and it has given me a 
chance to catch up the that "housework" !!!

Always prefer to be doing craft or the garden I have to say, but 
things do need to be done. 

Chicken is in the oven so thought I would share my card 
with you today. 

I made it with the New Clarity Stamps - using just the lady from the Africa set.




But first made one of my backgrounds using Ken Oliver Burst powders, puffing 
a bit onto my glass mat, spraying it, and mopping up with white card stock. 


Cut down to size and stamped in black ink on the card stock. 


Then used a scrap of "insert" paper to make the dress, and highlighted with 

a pink alcohol pen. Cut out the sections and used wet glue to stick onto the dress. 

Used pink distress inks to create further texture and design for the background 
using a stencil. 

Added a ribbon bow and ribbon border and a sentiment. 

I hope you like it and would like to enter it for the following 

Challenges 



I am so glad that you have taken the time to come over to visit me. 

I find, in times of stress, to spend my time either crafting, blogging, or gardening
so helpful. 

I have some wonderful friends in Blogland 

so a big thank you from me to you. 

Crafty hugs 





7 comments:

  1. This is so striking, love the vbackground and the papers you chose for her outfit. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love this Pen, so different and it's a lovely image, gorgeous colours too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image and soft background. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card, a great theme and soft background.
    I too don't mind the rain, but i'd rather craft than do the dreaded housework!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful pink and girly card. Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Ribbons Challenge this time!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card.

    Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen