Followers

Home

Wednesday, 27 July 2016

Pink roses

Morning all 

Thank you for your kind thoughts, comments, and love yesterday 
about Mum and her fall and being in hospital.

Glad to say Mum came home late last night. Hopefully she will have a 
day in bed resting.... !!! So glad Mum has a carer living in who is there 24/7 ....

Now to my card for today....



I have been "playing" with a selection of my kit called Sugar Rush, bought it years ago
and thought I really must start to use up my bibs and bobs. 

I started with one of the backing papers, cut it down to fit a card blank but before I 
mounted it onto the card blank added a hint of pink distress ink to the edges. 

The backing paper has a texture to it. 


Then added a selection of die cut toppers, flowers, ribbon  and butterflies to the card. 

The oval topper has a very delicate "lace" section. 


I hope you like it and would like to enter it for the following 

Challenges 




Well that is me for today for now. 

My heart goes out to everyone who has had "problems" - the world seems to be
going mad, if you listen to the news. 

It makes me realise that life is too short and you have to grab each day with 
both hands and embrace the wonder. 

I am glad I have my crafting to keep me in the moment. 

A proverb I read yesterday said

" A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because 
 it has a song" 

Are we too busy looking for answers instead of just forgetting who we are? 

And with that I will let you have a great day.

Crafty hugs 









10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Pen and a thought provoking post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card. Love your use of backing paper. And of course I agree with your post. Live is too short to throu it away. Have a nice crafty day.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and I do like that background paper. The news at the moment does not make for good reading but I endorse your sentiments exactly. Thank you for fluttering by my newest challenge and being first past the post do to speak. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aye Pen such a crazy world at the moment. These folk need to get a hobby! That doesn't involve hurting other people.

    I love your use of bits and bobs on your card, the lace effect on the oval is beautiful.

    Good to hear you have help with Mum, hope she is on the mend soon.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pen, a beautiful card,lovely design and colours.
    Pleased to hear your mum is now home and resting.
    Human beings are such a destructive species, it's frightening, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Pen, I like the rose and the butterflies
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, so sweet!! Love the background and the oval topper!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...And thank you for playing in the Butterfly Challenge #59!!
      :)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful
    Thanks for playing with us at crafty ribbons
    I hope you will join in with our new challenge that's up now with theme - easel cards

    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, still playing catch up so glad to hear your mum was ok. Cara X

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen