Followers

Home

Tuesday, 16 August 2016

Boat and firsts

Good afternoon all and thank you for popping over to 
my blog today. 

Hope you are well and enjoying the weather - very hot here, 
and think may go in the garden today to enjoy it
before the rain comes later this week. 

Are you watching the Olympics? What a time waster but so enjoyable, 
one just has to watch as it is, lets face it, only once every 4 years. 

Here is my card for today.

Boat ahoy.


I started with one of my mopped up backgrounds, a light one, this time.

And stamped an image of a boat - think its a Kanban stamp.

Coloured in the boat with my new alcohol pens - they have a sort of 
brush nib which is great to use. 

Then I added more to the sea using watercolour paints. Stamped in 
some seagulls and added a birthday sentiment. 

Mounted onto 2 different blue backing cards onto a blue card blank. 

I hope you like it and would like to enter it for the following 

Challenge



I was asked by Di to show my winning entries for the Village Summer Show 
so here they are....

 My Mixed Media entry 


And then my German Sheppard done in pastels 







Not bad considering those that came 2nd and 3rd all go to Art Classes (in the Village) 
and I do not. 

Well best get on and out into the garden, need to do some 
de-heading of the dahlias 


Thank for popping over 

Have a good day

Crafty hugs 



7 comments:

  1. Love your card Pen, anything nautical, and the sailing ship is lovely, brilliant colouring too.
    Your artwork is beautiful and well deserved of firsts, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pen,
    firstly congrats on your wins.
    You must be so pleased with yourself and rightly so as they were both so very superb.
    I love this wonderful card, and everything you have created in it.
    The water looks so very great, and the colouring of those sails is ace.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card with a gorgeous sea Scene.
    Thank you for entering our challenge at Penny Black and More and good luck in our prize draw.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Pen! And I'm thrilled you showed your winning entries! The German Shepherd is fabulous, those eyes and what a gentle face!! And finally, finally, I'm going to tackle the blank canvases I have sitting next to me here - your mixed media piece of art is so inspiring! Well done kiddo.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pretty card for our challenge this month Pen, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge. And well done on the wins, lovely mixed media piece.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pen well done on your winnings, great picture and altered art canvas, I'm not surprised you got firsts.
    I love your boat card too, I've been doing a bit of that today, it was lovely and refreshing as not so warm as the garden.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card you created for our challenge at Penny Black and More, thanks so much for joining us.
    Congrats on your winning entries, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen