Followers

Home

Saturday, 20 August 2016

Flamingo Roses

Well it is now evening and I am not sure where the time has gone 
today. !!!

I suppose it has been in doing housework and crafting. Quite a productive 
day in all ways. 

Here is my card for today which I made.




I have used the AlteNew blog inspiration theme to make this card using the colours of the 
birds for the roses. 



I have used AlteNew stamps with their inks. 

Stamped onto a scrap of card the roses and cut them out. (see in picture) 


Then on a scrap of yellow card put 2 base flowers on and then added the leaves.

Mounted onto a pink / salmon / flamingo coloured card onto a cream 
card blank.

Then mounted the cut out roses on the card layering them up as shown below.


It took a bit of time for me to cut the roses out by hand - and just to finish them off
I added a hint of ink to the edges.

Added a Congrats sentiment from the AlteNew Label collection to the card.

Really like how the colours have blended together.

I hope you like my card and would like to enter it for the following

Challenges 

Altenew Blog Challenge - August

Allsorts Challenge - 377 - Fabulous Florals

Thank you for popping in and I look forward to seeing you again.

Did you watch that fantastic match on the Olympics final and the Hockey?

I have to say although, as you know, I have terrible memories of hockey from school,
I have to say I really enjoyed the match. And our girls UK did so well getting Gold.

Well the Olympics are nearly over and so we will be looking forward to
the Paralympics in September.

Enjoy your evening

Crafty hugs

x


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Pen, lovely new page design too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful floral card and a lovely design too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Pen I like the roses, Thanks for joining in our Fabulous florals challenge this week at Allsorts, Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've decided to ignore the housework, there are too many cards to be made and the sun is shining lol. Love your beautiful card, those flowers are so subtle and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty floral creation Pen and perfect for our Fabulous Florals theme, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's Di again, been scrolling though your beautiful work Pen. This is a lovely card, so pretty and what a clever take on the flamingos! I like you background, it's very arty yet still fresh - if that makes sense!

    Oh we watched the women's hockey alright. At one point Len quietly asked 'Did you play hockey at school?'. My reply 'Too right I did' and then the memories flooded back :) Gosh we were a vicious little lot! St Trinians didn't have a look in believe me :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pen I loved hockey at school, also played mixed in the Navy too. Was gutted when the bully off finished, it was the best part of the match!
    The hockey was great although I missed the end having to be up at 5 for work.
    Loving your card, the stamped roses are beautiful.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining our challenge at allsorts X

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen