Followers

Home

Tuesday, 6 September 2016

How to make a box

Afternoon all 

How are things today for you? Busy or restful? 

Today I am going to share something different.



I have been asked to make some boxes to fit my 5" x 7" cards and as I do not have a box maker 
I googled how to make one to fit. 

The general senses of opinion is to have 1/16" different from the top to the bottom.

I had the measurements for this and made the first box but decided that the box was a bit too small 
for a blind lady to use so made a slightly larger box. 

The first measurements were 

for the bottom 11 1/2" x 9 1/2"  (making a 2" lip) 
for the top         9 5/8" x 7 5/8"  (making a 1" lip ) 

Score around all the edges either with 2" or 1"

Score the edges and glue

I added a butterfly to the top 

For the slightly larger box the measurements are 

11 3/4" x 9 3/4"
9 7/8" x 7 7/8"

For the larger size I drew round the card and added a bit more of an edge. 

A few photos of my box...making sorry about the images look a little blurred to me








Hope you find this of use.

Interesting quote yesterday on my book of Meditations and reflections

"Don't push the river: It flows by itself"

With the following thoughts 

" So much of the distress we experience is because we just 
won't participate in life doing its thing. We try to squeeze life into our schedule."

Another thought is Why change if its not broken. 


Have a good day and will be back tomorrow with 
more things to share with you. 

Crafty hugs 










3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you did this post Pen, for some reason I get a total crafty block when it comes to making boxes lol I always get my measurements wrong I will definitely give it another try.
    Hugs, Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pretty boxes and I do like that first provoking thought. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely boxes well done on learning who to make them, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen