Followers

Home

Monday, 5 September 2016

O is for

Afternoon all 

How are you today, what a day outside, that misty rain that gets everywhere
so again it has been a day in doors. But today I have been crafting. 

Housework - just a day is enough for me.


So what have I been doing today, well making cards and yes yes yes 
have tried my new sewing machine. 

I thought I would start to try stitching all the different stitches to get use to the 
machine. So far this is how far I have got.... not a lot but do not want to rush 
it and get in a muddle. 


Looks a little like smocking not sure what I will do with it once I have completed all 
the stitches but one never knows. 

Now for my card thought I would do some ORANGE
colour and came up with this. 


Something a little different for the Alpha challenge over at the Craft Barn

I have made this with the Clarity Stamp Lion stamp and used all colour shades of ORANGE
to make the picture. Using pencils also to highlight the faces of the lions. 
Mounted onto black card to make the colours pop
onto a hand coloured card blank ORANGE again

Added the definition 

So I hope it meets with the requirements and would like to enter it for the 
following 

Challenges 



I hope you are well and thank you for popping in today to see me. 

Hopefully I will be back to my normal self and up to date with reading all your 
blogs.  I am sorry for not replying over the last few days or so, things are getting 
in the way and by the time I think about it - I am really too tired. 

Den keeps saying I need to go to the Dr but you know what it is like, I wont go 
unless I really have too.... but think that time is nearly here. 

I was awake 4 times during the night and now feel exhausted. 

Well that is enough about me. 

Take care and hope to see you again 

Crafty hugs 



12 comments:

  1. Lovely orange. I never even considered that word, but it's great. And I want to play with your sewing machine, because I have straight and zig-zag stitches on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever idea to choose orange. The lions look fabulous with that juicy orange background and it is extra clever as you have used all the different oranges.
    Love that red stitching on white, I'm sure you will think of something good to do with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and images. Thanks for joining us at Delicious Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, fab colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orange is one of my favour colours, and I love the combination with the lions - a hot day on the savannah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to choose the colour then you can do whatever subject you want. Love the lions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is stunning. You have created the grassy hills and sunset all with one colour, well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that lion stamp and it's perfect for your choice of word. The orange really pops against the black.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another set of lovely stamps from Clarity! Your scene looks like a sunset in the savannah, gorgeous orange hues... Great idea for this O page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A brilliant card - love the lion stamp.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card; lovely colouring. Good luck in the draw xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're background has really captured the heat of the African plains and sets off the image perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen