Followers

Home

Tuesday, 4 October 2016

Books about Elephants .....

Afternoon all 

How are you today? Well I hope. 

I have made this card with the thought about a book which I have ordered from 
a well known site... 

It is called The Elephant Whisper about  Learning about Life, Loyalty and Freedom from
a Herd of Elephants. 

Really looking forward to reading it.... I tend to read every day "while the adverts" are on
the TV....amazing how many books I get through in a course of a year. 

I am not a fast reader I have to say due to my Dyslexia... but so enjoy reading now !

I also have just finished reading another book about Elephants by Jodi Picoult a book called 
Larger than Life.

So here is my entry for the Craft Barn Challenge 


I started off with a scrap of my "use up the paint on my brush" papers


Stamped the images from Clarity Stamps, with black ink onto a 6 x 4 piece of this paper. 

Used black soot to make the hills adding distress inks to make the "grass" area 

Added a "sun" through a circle mask and drew in a few birds. 

Mounted onto black card to make it pop and then onto a cream coloured card blank.

I hope you like it and would like to enter it for the following 

Challenges 



Ops got a bit side tracked - here I am again... 

Well another interesting point made today on my readings is about 
Procrastination....

I think I can be guilty of this at times.... especially when there is something I do not 
wish to do... is it that I fear what I have to do ... go to the dentist for example 
or something I do not like? 

Or is it just getting side tracked? 

Well with that to leave you with....

Have a good day and hope to see you again tomorrow

Crafty hugs 

x x 

PS Very pleased to say I am 



xx 

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Pen, brilliant image and colours, , lovely design too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card, lovely colours and a great stamps used.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get side tracked all the time Pen so you are in good company.
    Enjoy your elephant book, your card is super. Another great background to showcase those magnificent animals.
    Have a great Wednesday, hugs Erika. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card. Thank you for joining in the Craft Barn Alpha Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful card Pen. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi pen,
    what a very lovely card, and I really like your wonderful design, and inking.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have created a lovely tranquil scene.

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen