Followers

Home

Friday, 11 November 2016

Thoughts on this day


Afternoon all

Did you stop for the 2 minute silence I did. I always have were ever I may be. 

I remember being lucky to be at the Cenotaph many years ago to see The Remembrance parade. 

Was there for 8 am and did not leave until 2 pm completely frozen and drained. 
Very moving

Today I have been making something different 

Fir Cones 




I started with an egg, material, pins and glue. 


This is the first one I have made so it took a bit of time but think it works quite well. 

Used some ribbon from my crafty stash from Crafty Ribbons bargain bags. 

Only another "25" to go - hope to have some ready for the Village Christmas Fair. 


I would like to enter it for the following. I feel that the fir cone is a "flower" of the Fir Tree
and there is a pearl in the top of the fir cone where the ribbon is placed. 

Challenge



I have the bread maker on today, looking forward to the smell of cooked bread later.

Have a good day 

And 

We Will Remember THEM


Crafty hugs 

7 comments:

  1. a beautiful fir cone & I always remember THEM.... my Poppy stays on my coat all year round... not just for remembrance day :) xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your thoughts are my thoughts today. You are SO very lucky to have gone to the Cenotaph, something I've only seen in photos of this day. Thanks for the remembrance, too.

    That fir cone is adorable and I can envision how you made it from your detailed photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word this is so gorgeous I love it, would love more details on how you made it. The egg threw me a bit but I am guessing it is polysterene! With my DT hat on thanks for playing at crafty ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about this! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Creatalicious Challenges "Anything Goes with optional anything but a card" challenge! Please come over to the Love To Craft Challenge Blog and share your creation there too!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, Creatalicious DT
    Love To Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! This is such a clever project. I love it! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ribbons, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful project!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional anything but a card” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your fun "pinecone" ornament with us at Love To Craft Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen