Followers

Home

Sunday, 19 March 2017

Dark to Light Canvas Dream

Hi there 

How are you today.... it is Sunday and the sun is trying very hard to shine. 

I have been playing doing something different. 

Yesterday I got an old canvas which I had already used and thought I would 
try something different 


So I started painting the canvas with white Gesso and then blue paint. 

While it was drying I played in my new 4" journal with the paints I am going to use.




Can you see how the paint has separated into little balls of colour. 

did not quite work on the actual canvas. Think it soaked onto the canvas. 

Anyway back now to the canvas 

Then used some transparent paste to create the planets on the canvas with 
rays of light radiating out of the planets. 

Filled the circles with Prism paint and waited it to dry 

Added splats of royal blue watercolour paint to the canvas and before it drys 
took my "poky" tool and spread the lines out. 


Then this morning I added more Royal blue across the canvas using 
paints and Gelatos to add texture and depth. 





Can you see the word Dream that was drawn in white paste and the inks below 
leaked into the word. I then added more colour by running over the cream 
Gelatos  crayon. 


I would like to enter it for the following 

Challenges 





Thank you for popping in today

Nearly burnt the cakes !!!! 
Good job Den likes his cakes well done..... opppssssss

Anyway have a great day

Off to play with my sewing machine today. 

Crafty hugs 

xx

4 comments:

  1. Wow, bet you had fun doing this, thanks fr joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting post and project. It's always so much fun to "play" and see what happens. Happy you shared with the PIP challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely brilliant Pen, gorgeous colours and design, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pleased to read it's not just me that re-cycles canvases Pen and love the intense blues offset with the lovely gold splats, such fun. Many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen