Followers

Home

Tuesday, 7 March 2017

Spring has sprung


Hi - thank you for popping in to see me today


I have used up snippets of bibs and bobs today to make my card for today



I have used a white card blank to stamp the image by Penny Black stamp

I used spare ink on the craft mat to mop up to create the background 

Then had a brain wave - I needed to sharpen one of my pencils and wondered if 
I could use the "shavings" for something. 


got out a tea strainer and sifted the shavings.

bingo... added dust to the paper and a wee bit of water and 
colour added. 


So now got a pot of pencil "dust" shavings ready for another time

coloured in the flowers with watercolour pencils. 

Die cut out Tattered Lace flowers from snippets of velum paper and 
the sentiment too. 

Mat and layered onto a yellow snippet of card stock from my huge 
box of bits !!!




I would like to enter it for the following 

Challenge




I do like to make card that I think I will be able to sell and think this one
will hit the spot. 

Thank you for your visit today. 

Off to play with my sewing machine this afternoon. 

Think a bag may be in the making today. 

Have a good day 

Crafty hugs 

x x 




12 comments:

  1. Pretty card - great fun with the shavings! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card and then I read about the pencil shavings - so clever of you and the card looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Pen - and a great idea using those shavings! Talk about thinking outside of the box.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Pen, lovely design and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really have had a productive crafty week with tour new PB stamps Pen and what ingenious reclycling to create the background.

    Many thanks for sharing your creation with us at Stamping Sensations and Allsorts challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pen,
    what a very wonderful card, and your super background is awesome and very lovely.
    Genius the use of the pencil sharpenings.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks quite beautiful, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stamp and background Pen, great idea about the pencil shavings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good grief is there no end to what you will put on a card! Lol. This is brilliant. Just don't get mixed up with the coffee jar. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card and a clever idea...great results too.x ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful springfeeling. Beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card and a great idea with the pencil shavings.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen