Followers

Home

Thursday, 13 April 2017

Daisy Daisy on Maundy Thursday

Hi there 

Well here we are on Maundy Thursday

Info taken from the web 

"also known as Holy ThursdayCovenant ThursdayGreat and Holy ThursdaySheer Thursday, and Thursday of Mysteries, among other names,
 is the Christian holy day falling on the Thursday before Easter

It commemorates the Maundy and Last Supper of Jesus Christ with the Apostles as described in the Canonical gospels.

 It is the fifth day of Holy Week, and is preceded by Holy Wednesday and followed by Good Friday" 

All I can say it is strange how the dates of Easter always change.....

There are celebrations in the UK of 

"Maundy Thursday celebrations in the United Kingdom (also called Royal Maundy) today involve the Monarch offering "alms" to deserving senior citizens, one man and one woman for each year of the sovereign's age. These coins, known as Maundy money or Royal Maundy, are distributed in red and white purses, and is a custom dating back to King Edward I. The red purse contains regular currency and is given in place of food and clothing; the white purse has money in the amount of one penny for each year of the Sovereign's age. Since 1822, rather than ordinary money, the Sovereign gives out Maundy coins,which are specially minted 1, 2, 3 and 4 penny pieces, and are legal tender. The service at which this takes place rotates around English and Welsh churches, though in 2008 it took place for the first time in Northern Ireland at Armagh Cathedral. Until the death of King James II, the Monarch would also wash the feet of the selected poor people"

So now we know .....

Back to my project for today



I have used Sherif Artist to make my card to print out. 

I have used the CD Owl Forest and Daisy Trail Bright Blooms 

I have added the verse for the Craft Barn Challenge and added extra daisies 
around the verse. I so like this new form of crafting for me 
and I really must do more. 

Think it is enjoyable as I have been so use to using Digi programmes for my 
photography. 


I have made this scrapbook page for



Thank you for your visit today

and I hope you have a good day. 

Crafty hugs 

x x 







17 comments:

  1. I love using Craft Artist too Pen! I can lose hours designing things LOL! I use it a lot to make ATCs as I have so many digi kits I can always find something to match the theme.
    Thanks for joining in the challenge. You've used very bright colours that remind us winter has ended.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card!
    I'll be glad you soon again to participate with us -
    IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES
    http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.bg/

    Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have made a beautiful card full of Spring colours. I always love this time of the year because Primroses are my favourite flower. We used to spend all our Easter holidays with friends in Cornwall and the carpets of wild Primroses there were amazing.
    Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol
    CD Sunday DT
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the bright vibrant colours on your card. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Spring card, love the design the vibrant colours and the sentiment
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pen,
    oh how pretty is this gorgeous card, and the design is fab and so very colourful too.
    Have a wonderful Easter weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty and vibrant card, perfect for this time of year. My parent's friend was lucky enough to recieve maundy money from the queen a few years ago. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful card. I didn't join Craft Barn's challenge this year, and, after seeing your incredible entry, I'm rather glad I didn't. It is over-the-top beautiful.

    I have never heard of Maundy Thursday, but I cerainly learned a LOT from reading your post today. Have a lovely Good Friday, and Happy Easter, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very beautiful card - and I've been trying to think of the April verse of that poem for ages, so thank you for reminding me of it! Thank you for sharing at CD Sundays
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the vibrant Spring colours Pen, a fabulous design and beautiful card Happy Easter Megxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter Pen. I loved the story about the Maundy money. I had sort of forgotten that so great to be reminded of it. Your card is bright and happy and perfect for the April verse.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful creation. So bright and cheery. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely and bright card - especially love the mouse at bottom left! thank you for joining the Craft Barn Month Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely bright page with lots of spring elements xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that's a lovely card for spring, thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful card, you have created a lovely scene.
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely bright and colourful card.

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen