Followers

Home

Friday, 28 April 2017

Its all about the dog

Hi there

Thank you for popping in today sorry to have not been around 
for a couple of days.

As I said the other day I feel I have lost my mojo, about making 
cards but in the mean time 
I am working on this......

A soft pastel picture of a friends dog 

now nearly finished 


 Getting there today with texture to the fur.


I am using Velour paper which has a texture to it.....

This is it a couple of days ago.

Looking a bit flat .


Another try ..... 


I tried with the tongue hanging out but it just does not look right 
(to me) so scrapping that idea 


Think it is looking better now....  nearly finished. 

Has anyone used something to "fix" the pastels ??? Would be interested 
in hearing from you. 


Will love to hear from you on your thoughts ... 
good or bad or ideas.....


I went off to post a couple of cards and took these 
photos of our bank which boarders the road.

Just look at all those Bluebells. 


Also I think we have a Cowslip in the bank beside our entrance. 


Not sure where that has come from.


Hope you are having a good day. 

Been feeling a bit down over the last few days
my weight is just going up and up 
although I am walking on average over 8000 steps a day
and I am sure I am not eating too much

so today - I am back on the "diet" shakes and will try to 
stop or reduce eating puddings apart from fruit. 

Not sure if I can deal with this but I know that writing my 
thoughts down may help me. 

Well best be going and sort out tea

Have a good evening and hope to be back in a few days if 
not before. 

Thank you for popping in 

As always 

Crafty hugs 

x x 

4 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous piece of art work Pen, you are very talented, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sure if that was the photo or your pastels in the preview on my reading list, this is just stunning. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say love the nature photos too. I've previously used a spray fixative from the art shop, but I know others use cheap hairspray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dog is simply INCREDIBLE, Pen. I love it.

    I enlarged the photos of your area, and you live in a beautiful, peaceful setting.

    I bought some Pan Pastels and learned the hard way you have to set them. I used a product called Fixatif or Fixativ? by Krylon that you spray on. I've been told you can use cheap aerosol hairspray, too. Hope that helps. Whatever you do, don't brush over it, or you will lose some of the detail. I lost a lot of a piece I was making (and mine was NOT a portrait) by allowing my elbow to get into and sit on, the art work.

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen