Followers

Home

Friday, 14 April 2017

The big Smoke

 Morning all and hope you are having a good day

Easter Friday.


Bit of a late start for us today, turned off the alarm and did not wake up 
till late. Have to say I was having a bit of a nightmare so 
took me a bit of time to get settled. 

Not sure why having nightmare, must be something on my mind. 

Did you watch that programme last night about your body being 
older than you are, and the reasons why. 

Stress was a big part of our body being older. 

Any way have been having fun with the latest 

Sheena Douglass Stencils 

And here is my card for today 

The big Smoke


I started off with a white bit of paper and stenciled in brown 
distress ink first.


Then added more colour in distress inks and watercolour pencils
gel pen 

Adding more and more layers. 

I did lay the stencil back over the design and stenciled again 
to bring out the brick work. 


Mat and layered onto black and white card stock 


I would like to enter it for the following 

Challenges 





and add to 

Sheena's Ink- ettes  over on Facebook 

thank you for your visit today 

Have a great day and see you tomorrow

Crafty hugs 

x x 

9 comments:

  1. Wow! This is an absolute stunner Pen. I watched them on telly last week and thought that they looked quite good but this really is really outstanding. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply adore this latest card. I guess we don't get the same shows here in the states, but both stress and lack of deep sleep are attributed to our bodies aging faster than our actual age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing piece of work Pen, really dramatic, hope you have a more restful sleep tonight, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pen,
    what a very wonderful piece of work and superb inking on this very spectacular card.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very atmospheric piece. Reminds me of my mum telling me that house sparrows were black when she was growing up. Hope you sleep better tonight. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully crafted Pen, love the smoky skyline. And I did watch that programme, made me feel stressed to think I need to keep active when I'd rather sit and craft! Thanks for linkiing up at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice.
    Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations Challenge Blog.
    Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! what a fabulous effect, a wonderful card for our Architecture theme at The Male Room. Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning! I love these smoking chimneys, so atmospheric. I'm sorry to be so late commenting. Thanks for playing along with our Architecture Challenge at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen