Followers

Home

Wednesday, 17 May 2017

Wednesday thoughts about the weekend


Hi there and thank you for popping in today. 

I have to say that over the past few weeks my mind has been on other things. 
Why I ask myself, well the reason is that over last weekend
we traveled over to see Mum some 250 miles away. 

May not seem too far for some but for me it is a terrible drive using 
motorways which are renound for the delays. 

The M25 

The plan was to have a couple of days of peace and quite with Mum but that was not to be.
Had to take Mum into hospital for a knee injection operation fortunately I went 
with her carer who was a saint. 

Going private is not all it seems - scheduled to be there at 10 am and we did not get home
till gone 5pm. 

A day of stress and worry. 

Then Mum of course slept most of Sunday and so we were home on Monday 
after a 7 hour journey. 

Again there was a hold up at Stonehenge with people slowing down to view 
the stones from the cars.... 

This is on the way 


 This is on the way home 




Well it is done now and I have to say that I am now beginning to feel somewhat better
from all the travel etc etc. 

So here are a few photos of Mums garden - on the up side the weather was lovely 
Den stayed at the house on Saturday so the rest did him good I am sure. 



On Sunday the weather was lovely and we got a chance to sit out in the garden 
letting the world go by. 
Myrtle (the cat) just loves walking around with someone
 (Mum not able to walk in the garden now with out a lot of help) 

So here are a couple of photos of Myrtle in the garden 




Hope to get back into blogging about my cards and look forward to 
hearing from you soon.

But before I go,  I would like to enter for the following

Challenge 

SUYP - #18 - FURRYTHING GOES

Thank you for being there and I appreciate your comments. 

Crafty hugs 

x x  


3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your Mum has a fab carer who can hopefully make you feel a little more reassured being so far away from her. I'm totally feeling your lack of love for motorways. It used to be a 580 mile round trip to visit my parents when I lived on the Wilshire/Dorset border, so much better now I'm only 50 miles away. Used to hate that drive, especially the M5/M6 junction. So glad the car park that is the M25 wasn't on the way. Spend a few days reflecting and recouperating and then craft your socks off! Hugs, Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds very stressful but I bet your Mum was goad to see you. Her garden is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness - what a nightmare trip. That bit past Stonehenge has always been bad from even my first memories. I hope you are settled now and that your Mum is better after he op !!
    What a fantastic garden she has and an absolutely stunning Kitty :-) Such a fantastic name for the kitty too - love it :-D
    Thank you for the cosmic photos and for purring along to share at SUYP Cats Challenges :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen