Followers

Home

Thursday, 22 June 2017

Heat has gone

Afternoon all

Well I have to say today I can get back to "normal" these last few days have
been so very hot that I just could not do anything. 
Sat down, stood up, moved from one place to another but it was far too 
hot. 
How was it for you??

Glad to say today it is much more normal temperature but we could do with rain. 

I hear some places have had rain, so fingers crossed it will arrive here. 
Been out and doing gardening - well fruit picking to be honest. 
Trying to get my fruit before the birds do. 

Well here is a card I made just before the heatwave. 

I have used my screen printing - masking off an area from a screen to make the 
topper. 



This is the unit before I start



Did the printing (sorry no photos) cut down the image and mounted onto mirri card
then onto a Craft work cards paper on a blank white card. 

Added a sentiment of Birthday Wishes.

I would like to enter it for the following 

Challenges 






I hope that the card will meet with the critia for the above challenges

Think that a Dandelion is very much an English flower and if it was not a "weed" 
I am sure it would have won a Gold at Chelsea Flower Show.

Here is my photo of todays pickings !!!




This was the temperature indoors yesterday !!!


Anyway best dash now and chase off those birds again 

Crafty hugs 

x x 

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Pen, the image looks so delicate especially the individual heads blowing away

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sunshine Pen
    Sadly, the dandelion does not feature in the song for the challenge but thank you for letting us see your lovely card.
    Ang (MAWTT DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see it wasn't just me that bought the screen printing kit. Been dying to print some bags, but they need ironing first and it's been far too hot! Cooler today after overnight rain, but still warm here. Your card is so pretty and s great harvest x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Pen, I absolutely love dandelion 'clocks' they are so pretty.
    Like you I have had enough of the heat now, we had thunder today and about 5 mins of rain but within ten mins of it stopping the puddles were dried up and the heat was back Lol
    Hugs, Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully designed card Pen, lovely dandelion image and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully whispy and carefree, your design makes a sweet birthday card :) Thank you for entering it in Artistic Inspirations Challenges! We had a heatwave here in California as well and it was hard to sleep the entire week. Please also visit Paper Craft Happy Challenges! -DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, it might sound weird but I love Dandelions, their puffy heads full of this little seeds are hard to ignore, to bad they are considered unwelcome weeds in our gardens.
    But your sweet card is a beautiful tribute to this humble flowers, it's seeds floating on the breeze.
    I never heard of this tool you used to create this lovely card, I really got curious, the results are amazing.
    Thank you for sharing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so pretty Pen and I love the colours. I'm sure you're going to have lots of fun with your new tool. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pen,
    yes a lot cooler here now.
    We had temps of 34 one of the days.
    No rain either we had a very small and I say small drop of rain yesterday.
    Love your wonderful card nd the very fab screen pringing image.
    Hope you Mum is continuing to improve.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card Pen. Love the text background.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card love the dandelion seedhead and B.paper-they do look lovely when you see them growing enmass -you nurture the plants in your garden and they flower hit and miss lol-
    Carol x
    ----Thank you for joining us at Create and Inspire
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen